Everyone likes the chocolates and the holidays of Easter. But Easter is bigger than that! It’s about a price paid, an unexpected victory and eternal ramifications.
Join us at Kallangur Bible Talks on 7th, 14th and 21st of April as we look at the historical account of Jesus death and resurrection and what it all means today.
The doctor and historian, Luke, sets out to present an accurate and organised eyewitness account of One who had transformed lives and the world. As the record of Jesus unfolds we see one who came not just for the elite but for all kinds of people.
We see the Saviour of the World.
Commencing in September, our series of Kallangur Bible Talks for the remainder of 2018 will include:
- Luke 1:1-4 – Knowing for sure
- Luke 1:5-25 – Getting Ready for Jesus
- Luke 1:26-38 – The birth of Jesus announced
- Luke 1:39-56 – Mary visits Elizabeth
- Luke 1:57-80 – The birth and naming of John
- Luke 2:1-20 – The Birth of Christ
- Luke 2:21-38 – Anna and Simeon
- Luke 2:39-52 – The boy Jesus
- Luke 3:1-14 – Be prepared
- Luke 3:15-20 – A greater One
- Luke 3:21-38 – Jesus Christ the Son
- Luke 4:1-13 – Jesus‚ temptation
- Luke 4:14-30 – Jesus‚ rejection
- Luke 4:31-44 – All Authority and Power
The talks will be available below shortly after each Sunday.
Cornerstone, Bread, Vine – they’re all images used of Jesus; pictures of the One we need.
In this summer series at Kallangur we look at the richness of the ways Jesus is portrayed in the Bible, and what these images tell us about who he is and what he does for undeserving people like us.
Topics will include:
- Alpha and Omega
- The Way
Sermons will be available below shortly after each talk.
The story of Jonah in the Bible is famous, but it’s meaning is less well understood. In the book of Jonah the great “chase” is not God’s pursuit of Jonah, but His pursuit of grace – both for Jonah and the people Jonah was sent to.
We will be looking at the book of Jonah and what it teaches us during our Bible Talks at Kallangur in October and November. The talks will include:
- Running from God (Jonah 1:1-7)
- The plan of grace (Jonah 1:8-16)
- Salvation is of the Lord (Jonah 1:17-2:10)
- God’s gracious warning (Jonah 3)
- God of compassion (Jonah 4)
- Jonah and Jesus (Jonah 1, Matt 12:38-42)