Due to recent Australian government requirements introduced to restrict indoor gatherings, including places of worship, we are suspending our public worship services and meetings at Everton Park.
We will continue to seek opportunities to minister to one another, encourage one another and build each other up, however these may of necessity take different forms for the immediate future. Our plans for alternatives to public meeting currently include:
- Sunday worship services will be available pre-recorded in audio and video format. These will be provided through our SermonAudio feed for download by each Sunday and are linked below.
- Bible studies will be trialled via video conference link-up. Depending on the success of this we may continue as one or a few smaller groups meeting together via virtual presence.
- Pastoral ministry may be impacted by the practical restrictions of social distancing and limiting our movement and contact with each other. Callum will be contacting people directly to discuss this.
- Sunday School material is being provided to parents to continue teaching and training their children. Current or past Sunday School material can be made available for others who may want to use it.
- Social and service activities are suspended until further notice.
While we may be isolated, we can be greatly encouraged and encouraging through prayer. Please continue to pray:
- for one another for spiritual strength and growth, despite the circumstances that limit our physically meeting together.
- for those who are isolated by current events and seek to reach out to encourage them by maintaining regular contact.
- for our members working in healthcare, that they would be able to provide good care for those in need and that they would be kept safe.
- for those in authority over us making decisions and seeking to lead our State and country, that they would have wisdom and humility in their responsibilities.
- that though these uncertain and disruptive times, the recognition of our lack of control over things, and the reminder of our mortality that it would cause all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.